Sunday, March 4, 2012

Up Close and Personal

Sunday, February 5th turned out to be one of those very rare February days. It was sunny and on the warmish side. Ryan was in Las Vegas for the Super Bowl so Kaitlyn and I decided to head out to the zoo. We convinced Grammy Jill to join us and we had a great time!

On a side note, we have memberships to both Point Defiance (my fav) and Woodland Park Zoo. Such a great thing to have with a preschooler!

Anyways, off we went and boy, for some reason that day the animals were all very, very close. The elephant was just a fence partition away and Kaitlyn got to see up close how truly big they are and see one of the elephants trunks in action. There were two tigers in two different enclosures. One was sleeping right next to the glass and the other was prowling right up against. They had three walruses that kept flipping right on the glass as well. It turned out to be a really great day to head out as all the animals seemed to be out and the crowd was very small. (On a side note...the bird exhibits were all closed for the winter - boo! Yes, there's that sarcasm again as most you know I really, really dislike flying rodents...oh, I mean birds!)

After the zoo, we hit The Ram (seriously, wasn't trying to theme that - hahaha!) for lunch on the Tacoma Waterfront. After all that excitement, I had a tuckered out 3-year old on the way home who quickly conked out so I turned on my music, put the sun glasses on and drove home very content and happy soaking in the warm sunshine.


No comments: