So a few weeks back we realized that a lot of Kaitlyn's pants were becoming more capri-style than pants style, which isn't the best thing considering we are still experiencing snow (boo!) and rainy, cold weather. So out came the 4T box from Emily. Those items along with a few shopping trips and we were back in business with the clothes.
Next, Kaitlyn says to me, "Mommy my shoes are hurting." So we take her to get fitted at Nordstroms and zikes, she's now a size 8 1/2 - 9. Considering that I was stuffing her cutie feet into size 7 shoes, no wonder she was feeling pinched. So, new shoes purchased and some ordered online too. And I thought, 'well, that's good. we should be good to go for a while now.'
Well, today was our first day back with swim lessons and guess what? Yep, ALL those adorable swim suits I bought last summer no longer fit. Considering we don't want her going to swim with a wedgie each week, I'm going to go swim shopping online after this post. And I'm almost giddy because it's so fun to buy her swimsuits. She already put in her requests of what she wants (and she's definitely a girl who knows what she wants).
As for the swim lessons, we've decided to go with a new place this year and I love it! The pool is at a private residence and currently Kaitlyn is the only one during her 1/2 hour session so she's basically getting private lessons for now. Her instructor, Ms. Erica, was quite impressed with her swim skills, especially her diving. Go, Kaitlyn!!
I'll try to get pics next week. The really cool thing about this pool is that it is 1/2 indoors, 1/2 outdoors. There is a door between that can be opened up for warm weather and closed during cooler weather. I'd soooo love a pool like this at my house. So although there was touch of snow on the ground still, Ms. Erica opened up the door for us to see and Kaitlyn, for a bit, was swimming outdoors. Good news - water is 92 degrees and Kaitlyn said she never felt cold! My favorite thing of all today...the adorable teeny, tiny flippers that she has to fit KP's feet. Seriously, hands down one of the cutest things.
No comments:
Post a Comment