Last week we headed in to the school for a placement assessment. It was so fun to watch KP join in with the group of kids and head off to meet with the teacher with zero hesitation. Just pure excitement. While she was in with the teacher, I was left in the hall to draw a picture of Kaitlyn and her favorite hobbies. Yes, we're talking blank, white piece of paper and a box of crayons (that was missing colors).
For some reason, school brings out the perfectionist in me (I've long ago given that up at work) and I felt really pressed to do a fantastic job. Although it definitely wasn't a Picasso, it met all the requirements and Kaitlyn was able to figure out what I was drawing. Sadly though, I kept thinking about it all day long and how I could have done better. Better drawing of the slide, better layout/format. Seriously people, I have a problem. Best part of all of this (sarcasm here) is that they will be hanging my artwork outside her class and in the hallway. Poor KP, I'm already embarrassing her with my very unimpressive art skills. Now, if they'd just had me do a craft or creative story....
Anyways, we got her placement letter on Friday and KP is doing full day with Mrs. Mosti. Here's to a fantastic year ahead of learning and growing (on both Kaitlyn and our parts).
No comments:
Post a Comment