Saturday, August 31, 2013

A Good Choice, Followed By A Bad Choice...A Very Bad Choice

Today was gorgeous and we wanted to get out of the house. Ryan decided on a trip down to Coulon Park for some Kidd Valley for lunch (yummo!), a walk around the dock on Lake Washington, and of course a trip to the play area that KP absolutely loves. This was the good choice.




The bad choice you ask...Well, Kaitlyn has been wanting for several weeks now to go to Chuck E Cheeses. For some reason, maybe riding high on the good weather and not really thinking it through, we headed there.

As we approached and I peeked in, I realized 'Oh holy crap, this is going to be a nightmare!' Frantically I started running different bribery scenarios through my head in hopes of coaxing Kaitlyn somewhere else but she too had peeked in and started talking in pure excitement about everything she was seeing. I knew nothing, not even an offer to go get her a real dog AND real cat, would sway  her from wanting to go there. So in we went and oh my, I think we seriously found hell on earth.

Thankfully we gathered our smarts and chose to just do the games and NOT order pizza or eat dinner there. So in went the money for tokens and for the next 45 minutes, Kaitlyn had a blast. It wasn't too awful once we figured it all out. Nonetheless, the two worst moments: 1. When Chuck E Cheese came out and led all the kids on a follow the leader stampede through the restaurant and 2. The painful process of inputting ALL the tickets...poke.my.eyes.out! Oh, and how can I forget the butt-crack incident. Yes, people that goes down as #3 of worst moments...actually it trumps one and two. Nothing that anyone should have to see. Let's just say large man, deficient belt, and skee ball. Not pretty, people.

Good news: Kaitlyn had a great time and loved it. She walked away with a butterfly bracelet and 2 rolls of smarties. All this for $5 worth of tokens.

Bad news: She's also walking away with the idea that this place totally rocks and is already asking us when we can go back. Seriously, if I ever find myself in a weak moment and do agree we are definitely hitting the Bellevue location, NOT the Kent-East Hill one. If that makes me a snob, so be it.

Skee Ball - Actually one of my favs. She got up to 21,000 on one game - pretty good!

The largest number of tickets she got off one play - wahoo!

The painful process of redeeming tickets - in the end we ended up with 144

No comments: