Friday, February 26, 2010

My sweet, sweet addiction, how I've missed you!

Never did I think I could let months go by without indulging my addiction, let alone a year. Addiction, I've missed you! Can we please be buddies again? Yes, oh wonderful! So this is how I began my San Diego trip...with a prompt trip to Target to get a book. Not any book. No, not a work-related reading, not the bizzillion books that I've collected on babies/toddlers, but that sinful pleasure...a trashy novel for a vacation read. It's been WAY too long. I've pushed my personal reading to the bottom of the list and unfortunately, that bottom doesn't see the light of day anymore.

It was wonderful and fabulous. I felt like I was breaking the rules. Cuddling with KP while she napped and I read. Reading at night (too late) and having to force myself to put the book down knowing that an early wake-up call from Kaitlyn was a given. But yet, pushing it to just one more chapter. It wasn't the best book I've read by any means, but just the fact that I could do this made me so very, very happy! I finished up the final pages last night after we returned home. Makes me sad to know that vacation has come to an end. Bye-bye wonderful addiction. I hope to return to you soon.

No comments: