Friday, August 31, 2012

Birthday Tradition

Kaitlyn has become a HUGE lover of birthdays. Any time she hears it's someones birthday we have to make cupcakes, or brownies, or something sweet. If that person is near us, we deliver the goodies and usually go through the whole candles and singing thing. If they aren't near us then we do the candles and singing thing ourselves in their honor. Seriously, she's very insistent about this.

You can imagine how giddy she was when she heard that we were going to be celebrating Papa Dirt's AND Auntie Jen's birthday together. She immediately declared that we needed a 'theme'. One for Papa Dirt, because you know, he's a boy. And one for Auntie Jen, something more girly maybe. Off to the party store we went and picked out sprinkles, cupcake liners, plates and napkins. Surprisingly, I was able to convince her to just go with one theme...sort of. Butterfly sprinkles for the cupcakes with flower and polka dot liners and vibrant solid colored plates and napkins. However, as soon as we got home the cupcake theme became a hodge-podge of whatever sprinkles we had in our cabinet because Kaitlyn felt we needed to use ALL of them for such a special occasion (pic below).

I do feel the need to brag a bit though. Kaitlyn and I rocked these cupcakes. We used a cupcake corer to take out the middles and then filled them with frosting or raspberry filling. Super yummy!!! Even Papa Dirt asked for seconds.

Anyways although I'm quite late in posting this I'm sending very, very happy birthday wishes to Papa Dirt and Auntie Jen. We had a fabulous time celebrating your birthdays! Thanks Mom for hosting the celebrations!

Oh and on a side note, Kaitlyn was very perplexed why on Auntie Jen's actual birthday I wouldn't let her have cupcakes for breakfast. She felt we owed it to Jen to celebrate first thing in the morning.

 
 

No comments: