Saturday, February 25, 2012

Cousin Time!

Friday night we had the fun of hanging out with Kaitlyn AND Emily. Last weekend Kaitlyn looked very sad when she said, "I really, really miss my Emily!" so we decided to invite Emily over for a sleepover.

Okay, which at this point I do need to go off on a bit of a tangent. Why the heck do we call it a sleepover? I mean really, no sleep actually happens. But back to the events of the night.

We headed down to a family fun event, which had it not been so crowded would've been cool. But it was just too crowded for us so off we went to Baskin-Robbins and home for a movie night. Unfortunately, by the time we got two wiggly, giggly girls settled down and a movie picked out it was already quite late. Nonetheless, we figured we don't do this very often so out came the popcorn and drinks.

I thought for sure we'd have two sleepers before the movie was over but I was wrong. I ended up having to turn it off and I promised them we could watch the rest in the morning. So up to Kaitlyn's room we go. Again, we've got the wiggly, giggly girl scenario as they get settled into bed. I finally had to go in and lay with them to get them settle down and go to sleep. Finally at 10 pm they were both in dreamland.

Around 2:10 am I awake to find Emily beside our bed asking if she could sleep with us. So into the bed she climbs. At 3:20 am Kaitlyn wakes up and is really sad that cousin Emily is gone so yep, into our bed she goes. Seriously, it probably would be hilarious if we had a video of Ryan hanging half off the bed, all the kicks and jabs we all took throughout the rest of the morning and just the sheer lack of sleep since there were four of us in one bed. Anyways, Emily was up at 6 am and Kaitlyn at 6:45 am. And amazingly enough, they didn't seem sleep-deprived at all. They were off and running as Ryan and I were groggy and moving slowly behind them.

Green/blue pancakes were requested and Ryan delivered pancake-shaped  initials in the desired color. Emily totally chowed them down. Next up, an entire morning of play (i.e. destruction of my clean house - lol), bouncy house jumping, hide and seek, hula girl feet painting/dancing (don't ask...very, very messy!), and so much more!

Although we were definitely feeling the lack of sleep today, watching those two girls giggle, conspire, talk, and play with each other makes it all worthwhile!



No comments: