Saturday, March 26, 2011

Slightly Salty but VERY Sweet!

This week Kaitlyn and I were watching channel 9 (PBS) and it said something like, 'Quality programming for kids.' I looked at KP and asked her, 'Are you a kid?' I asked her this because lately it's been all about how she's not a baby anymore but a big girl. I was curious what she'd say as we'd never used the word 'kid' with her yet. She looked at me and giggled and said, 'Mommy, I'm not a kid. I'm a peanut!' I was rolling on the floor cracking up.

The reason this is so funny is that we've called Kaitlyn our lil' peanut since she was itty-bitty in my tummy and just kept using it over the last couple years. Auntie Jen calls her 'peanut' a lot, too. Perhaps it's time to rethink that nickname as I don't want her thinking her only career aspiration is to become the Planter's Peanut. Ah, on second thought...nah, no rethinking, I like calling her peanut!

No comments: