Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Reality Check

This week has been a challenging one. Work has been a bit crazy because I've had both phone and computer issues. Trying to be productive is very difficult when I'm using my cordless personal phone and can't access many of my documents without my work computer.

In addition, Kaitlyn was up early this morning and has been a bit challenging as well. She's experiencing growing pains (literally), has a back molar coming in, and has really gotten the potty-thing down now. Which is great, but it is A LOT of change for a little one.

So this morning I was  very frustrated...with myself for not being more patient with Kaitlyn, with the work situation, with the fact that just a week ago I was in sunshine on PTO and now I'm here. But then something drastically changed my perception and I realized that even on my absolute most horrible, terrible day I still live an amazing life.

A book was brought to my attention on one of the blogs I follow (http://www.designmom.com/). The blogger posted the following and I couldn't agree more with her thoughts. Check it out for a reality shift.

Oh man. If you need a shift in perspective, take a look at this beautifully designed book called Where Children Sleep. James Mollison takes photographs of children and their bedrooms, all over the world. You can read it online. The images and stories are fascinating and sometimes harrowing — totally safe for work, but they might break your heart.

BTW, this afternoon I had a fabulous session of pretend cookie-making with Kaitlyn. And then we ran races and played tickle monster resulting in enormous belly laughs. So I do feel a bit redeemed in the mommy area.

We are truly blessed!

No comments: