Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Ideas at 4 a.m.

Kaitlyn is great with her bedtime routine and it typically goes smoothly with her in bed by 8 pm. And then after 10-11 hours of sleep she wakes up ready for the day.

BUT every 2-3 months we have THE early morning event. Where she wakes up at 2 or 3 am and is WIDE AWAKE. Last night was one of those events. She woke up at 3 a.m. and was all excited because she found her little blanket. I could tell she wasn't going back to sleep easily. Argh!

So I brought her into our bed in hopes that she'd see both Ryan and me sleeping away and realize that it'd be lovely to join us in dreamland. (I know all you parents of toddlers are cracking up at that hope). Well, she wrestled around for quite a bit and then finally went still. My hope grew. Then she snuggled up to me, propped herself up, and put her face right in mine and said, 'Mommy, I have an idea!' Yes, 4 a.m. and my daughter has an idea. Kinda funny, but kinda not as with those five words I knew sleep was not something I was going to get.

Although exhausted, I was also quite curious what her idea was and I did have to giggle a bit. I knew I should have played like I was asleep but I couldn't resist. So I asked her in a whisper, 'What's your idea?' She then starts to go on and on talking about climbing mountains. Pretty funny!

No comments: