Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Hello Sunshine and Warm Temps, I've Missed You!

No, Washington is not having unseasonably warm temps. In fact, these last few days have been absolutely icky. We found out from our neighbors that our power had been out for an entire night on Monday. Luckily we were off visiting Jeannine and Harlow, basking in the sunshine and mid 70 degree temps and thinking nothing of wind, rain, and power outages.

We've seemed to make our fall trip to AZ an annual thing now. We've gone every October or November since Kaitlyn was born. The best part of this trip (well, other than Four Peaks - Mmmm!) is that our reservations ended up being a room just for Ryan and me while Kaitlyn stayed in Nana's room. Poor Papa got kicked to the couch (sorry, Harlow!). Four days of relaxation and fun is just what we needed and it's exactly what we got. Unfortunately, I relaxed a bit too much though and didn't get hardly any pictures - bummer!

A part of my weekend relaxation involved a big, fat book. No surprise, for all of you know how much I love to read and truly treasure any opportunity when I get to read something for fun (versus work or parenting). Anyways, I really got into this book. It was so interesting and hooked my attention instantly. I was dying to get to the end and so hopeful for what the ending would bring. And then soooo ticked off once I got there. It ended horribly and I felt like I'd just wasted my time reading the 477 pages. Boo!

On a happier note, it has become a bit of a breeze to travel with Kaitlyn. OK, maybe not a breeze but she is a really great traveler. No fuss, no muss and she knows just when we need her to show some patience. She is amazing and did amazing.

Thanks, Jeannine and Harlow for the great weekend!

Next trip up, Palm Springs! Definitely looking forward to that one!

No comments: