Monday, November 22, 2010

Embracing the Cold

Winter obviously decided to make an early arrival this year. And along with it, I decided to change my outlook. I've always been irritated by the inconvenience that snow, ice, and cold weather brings. However, today as the snow fell all around, I sat in my office watching it and found myself a bit mesmerized. And a lot distracted from the work I should have been taking care of. Anyways, I made the decision that instead of getting all riled up about it, I'd simply embrace it and the lovely picture it creates.

OK, I admit it. Part of this change of heart could be the excitement and thrill I had hearing Kaitlyn playing outside in it with Karen. The squeals of delight are really fantastic.

Looking down our street covered with fluffy white stuff

Kaitlyn building her first snowman...I know, I know...don't judge me! The weather caught us a bit off guard. Although we have snow pants (not sure why she's not wearing them though) and a winter jacket we'd yet to get mittens and snow boots. Ryan saved the day by bringing home the cutest pair of mittens and hat to match along with another set of snow gloves. Now we just need snow boots, but rain boots will work for now.
Yes, again stop judging me. That is indeed her sand shovel. We don't have any winter tools/accessories yet! On a side note, I must give creativity points to Kaitlyn and Karen. The snowman had pom-pom balls for eyes, a paint brush for a nose, and pipe cleaner for the smile.


1 comment:

Charla Avery said...

WOW! Arizona to snow. What a dramatic change. I talked to my mom this morning and she said it was 15 degrees. CRAZY! Stay warm & cozy w/ K. :)