Monday, October 4, 2010

Amazing Mom or Awful Mom?

You tell me, which is it? Before judging, please keep in mind that I recently just got back from a work trip to Arizona and spent all day Sunday doing a bizillion loads of laundry, cleaning the house, running errands, and just trying to get caught up. Okay, now that I've made my plea, here it is.

Kaitlyn's preschool assignment for tomorrow was to go on a nature walk and collect fall leaves and pine cones to bring into school. The teacher was encouraging parents to make this an 'event'. Well, due to all that we had going on we never got to take this walk. Now, I really did try. In fact, just this evening I asked Kaitlyn three times if she wanted to go for a nature walk and all three times she had very different ideas. Thus, at 9 pm tonight (after working for 2 hours following dinner) I headed out (in the dark!) searching out leaves and pine cones. Here I am scouring the neighborhood and the park with my iPhone flashlight app (which isn't very bright may I add) doing Kaitlyn's homework.

So....am I an amazing Mommy willing to look like an idiot out there finding the most beautiful leaves and interesting pine cones so Kaitlyn shines bright tomorrow when we take them to Mrs. Marx or am I awful that I didn't insist on the nature walk with Kaitlyn and turn it into an 'experience'? Did I mention it was late, dark, cold and I really, really wanted to just go to bed with a book? Oh, and that KP had zero interest in a nature walk today...oh, I already mentioned that huh? Alright, bring it on. I'm willing to take the heat.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Do I hear a little guilt in that plea?

Bad mom---time passes so quickly you should have let the cleaning go and taken Kaitlyn on that nature hike.

On the other hand you did what ever other good mom would have done.

Bet Kaitlyn tells her teacher what you did. GAN