Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Thinking and Green Sheep

So this is going to be two posts in one.

Thinking:
Last night Kaitlyn and I were having a fabulous time together as she splashed around and played in the bath. We'd played quite a bit with her toys, practiced blowing bubbles for swimming lessons, and just splashed around. Then she started to play by herself for a bit so I let my mind wander to work stuff and what I needed to get done once Kaitlyn was in bed. She looked up at me and said, "What's Mommy thinking?" She then placed her pointer-finger on her chin and says, 'Hmmmm...' It's amazing to me how smart little people are. We definitely don't give them enough credit!

Where is the Green Sheep?
Kaitlyn, Auntie Jen, and I headed into Seattle today in search of the green sheep. And we found that sheep at the children's theater. I'm sure many of you are scratching your heads right now and thinking that we're just crazy. Well, Where is the Green Sheep? is a wonderful children's book written by Mem Fox and Judy Horacek. It's also a favorite of KP's and one that she knows by heart and can 'read' all by herself. The children's theater put on an absolutely amazing show based on the book and Kaitlyn was delighted through the whole thing. It was so fun to see her expressions as she took in the show. Kaitlyn's first theater experience was definitely a success!







No comments: