Ryan and I had a heavenly weekend at the Westin in Bellevue. Nana and Papa took Kaitlyn for the weekend so we could enjoy a little time to ourselves. And that we did! One of the things we did was take in a movie. And then on Sunday night, after picking up Kaitlyn, we watched yet another movie with her. Thus, I couldn't resist blogging some movie reviews.
The American
This was our second choice but unfortunately, The Town was sold out except for front row seats. After being quite excited to see The Town, I'll admit there was some let down walking into The American. But hey, it's a George Clooney flick so at least he'd be nice to look at for the next two hours. Thus, Ryan and I settled in with popcorn, a soda, and waited for the screen to dazzle us. Unfortunately, it did not. I didn't know a whole lot about the movie but perhaps if I had my expectations would've been different. It was S L O W....I mean painfully so. And for those of you who know me, you know I like people to get to the point...quickly! This movie never did get to a point. It had very little narrative but did have some nice scenery from Italy. Anyways, mixed bag here. Ryan definitely liked it better than I did. Go in expecting an independent-type of artsy movie and you'll be better off than I was.
Once Upon a Potty
This was our Sunday pick with Kaitlyn. Yes, folks, she's showing interest in the potty these days. Auntie Jen sent the DVD our way and thus, we had a family viewing. And boy oh boy, I'm not quite sure what to say about this one. So many wonderful, amusing parts - the potty song, the animated baby named Prudence bending over so we can see where her poo comes out, and the different uses for the potty (a bird bath...No! a flower vase...No! a hat...NO! which by the way is the worst thing they could mention to a kid...sure, I can just see it, after pooping and peeing the kid thinks, 'hey, I'll put it on my head now!'). Kaitlyn was quite intrigued, I think Ryan was horrified, and I'm sitting there trying to hold back the tears of laughter. Thus, yet another movie with mixed reviews. I can say one thing though, this isn't a dinner time watch.
No comments:
Post a Comment