Friday, April 16, 2010

A breath of fresh air

I noticed the other day that KP's 'ahhh baby smell' is definitely gone. You know the smell I'm talking about, where you smell her head and just sigh with contentment. Well, now she has toddler stink. And by stink I actually mean that in a good way. It's the:
*I explored everything and have been everywhere today smell
*I tried a new yogurt and banana hair conditioner smell (aka breakfast mushed into her hair)
*I climbed up the slide ten times today smell
*I made snow angels in the rocks at the playground smell
*I chased every dog I saw today and caught up to a couple of them smell
*I played with play doh and only licked it twice today smell (instead of full-blown eating it, progress I tell ya!)
*I colored my entire face, hands, and feet with marker smell (the fu manchu look isn't a good one)

And the list could go on and on. The thing is I LOVE those things (ok, maybe the last one wasn't so funny today when it was combined with coloring on the carpet as well) but I sure do miss the baby smell.

Well, Kaitlyn has had a bit of a cold this week so isn't sleeping too well. The other night I was snuggled up with her on the overstuffed chair. She finally falls asleep (poor congested boo!). She's a totally crazy sleeper. She's moving here and there, throwing arms, tossing and turning. Anyways, at one point I end up with her little tushy RIGHT in my face. And then I got it. A whiff of that baby smell I loved. Yep, she just had a clean diaper put on and it was a pampers one that smells like baby powder. Even though I was super tired it made me giggle that I got my wish to smell that baby smell again in the most unlikely of places. *sigh*

1 comment:

Jeannine said...

I absolutely love the descriptive narrative that you do Brandi! It just puts me into the situation and is so fun..................Kaitlyn is a lucky little girl!!