On March 16th I had the privilege of chaperoning eight 3rd-graders on Kaitlyn's class field trip to Mercer Slough Bog. I always enjoy spending time with Kaitlyn but gotta be honest that on this one I did have a few reservations. Mainly that the majority of this field trip was outdoors and involved hiking. Now that's not the problem. It's the NONSTOP rain we've been getting. And when a place is already called a 'bog' I feel that adding record rainfall doesn't make it more enticing.
Luckily we had a really nice day (warm even!) with sun breaks and no rain showers. This is a super cool place and I had no idea it existed. We'll have to go back for the hiking trails once the weather gets nicer. Best part of the day...sitting on the bus with Kaitlyn right next to me just chatting away. I really love hanging out with her!
No comments:
Post a Comment