Friday, July 31, 2015

July Wrap-up

How is it already the last day of July?! Truth be told, although I'm loving summer fun and this amazing weather, there is a teeny, tiny part of me that's ready for back-to-school. It hasn't actually gotten far enough where I'm counting the days down yet but that may likely come soon.

For now, I just want to get our remaining July stuff up on the blog.

My Birthday Fun
Another year, another birthday. Gotta say I love having a summer birthday. The boating day I'd mentioned in an earlier post was a GREAT way to kickoff my birthday fun. We also headed to the zoo with the Krauses, Mosers, and Kaitlyn's friend, Lily. Dukes afterwards to top off the fun and enjoy great food and drinks. In light of my birthday, thought I'd post something I came across that MUST be true (no offense, Jen! wink, wink).



Kaitlyn's First Friend Sleepover
KP has had several sleepovers, both here and away at other's houses...but it's always been with family. Recently, she had Lily sleepover. We pulled her mattress and the futon mattress out into the bonus room and made one gigantic bed for them. Both girls had a blast!

Birthday Money and Shopping
For Kaitlyn's birthday one of the gifts she received from the Mosers was a gift card to Justice. Of course, there was ZERO interest in actually shopping for clothes, jewelry, etc (I tried HARD to entice her, too!) All interest focused on the stuffy section and that she could actually get TWO big stuffies. Great....wonderful....fantastic...I say sarcastically.

Enjoying the Snackeez the Mosers got  her
while on the way to Justice

Purchase complete!

Where in the world will these guys fit in our house?!

Lemonade for Charity
This week Kaitlyn and Deni did a lemonade stand and decided all the money they made would go to the Seattle Humane Society. They earned $17.48 - not bad for an hour or two! I told Kaitlyn I would match the amount so she gets to give $35. She's super excited to go donate the money (I think she's secretly hoping we'll bring home a dog from that exchange - lol!). The best part, this was ALL her idea. I love that she thinks this way and has such a kind, loving heart for animals.





Learning the Game of Golf
Kaitlyn and Ryan have been hitting the driving range lately. Today, Ryan took the day off and they headed to an actual golf course. KP's first time on a course and she couldn't have been more excited. She came home grinning from ear to ear wanting to tell me all about it. Super cool!

No comments: