Sunday, October 6, 2013

Cavity Free

Another successful dentist visit, this time with both a cleaning and xrays. The best part, no cavities! Lucky girl, I think she got Ryan's teeth (he's never had a cavity)! Although some kudos to us as well for everyday we make sure to focus on flossing and brushing.

Interesting thing. So she really, really dislikes toothpaste. I haven't pushed it. Talking to the dentist and hygienist at her appt they actually told me not to worry about it at all. It's mainly the fluoride that's the value add. The bristles get off the plaque and prevent cavities with no need for toothpaste. They actually prefer you not use it and instead brush their teeth in bed with their heads back so you can really get the teeth clean. You can't do that when they are having to spit out toothpaste. Good to know and I'm sooooo thankful I don't need to empty the Fred Meyer toothpaste aisle trying to find a flavor she'll tolerate.


No comments: