Sunday, September 16, 2012

Last of the Firsts

Finally I'm wrapping up the 'all kinds of firsts' blog series. This first is a whopper...we went camping!

Yep, I know...shocking. The Pedersons went camping. Did you just spit out your drink reading that?! And then start laughing hysterically? I can't tell you how many people had that exact same response when I told them that we were going camping.

As most of you know, I'm really not a camping kinda gal nor is Ryan a camping kinda guy. However, the Mosers recently bought a really cool trailer and invited us on their inaugural camping trip. We definitely couldn't turn that down!

I'm not even sure how to begin to describe our experience other than to say it was hmmm...indescribable. Picture Woodstock (tie-die, peace and love, live music and yes, that skunky smell of you know what) and mix it with a high school party (lots of cheap beer in a wooded setting) and throw in a family reunion and you get a pretty good idea of our experience. Oh and I can't forget to provide the image of the goats and peacocks that roamed the property.

It was a family reunion (friends of Chris and Jen's) with over 250 people on this large plot of land in Cumberland. And it was one heck of a party. The live music was soooo stinkin' cool as was the stage that the owner of the property built (picture below, although a little dark). The party went on until 4 a.m. although our trailer was definitely asleep before then.

Although we dry camped (see, I sound like a camping pro already) it was quite a luxury compared to the days of our tent camping as kids. We had a bathroom (which we needed to limit our use due to dry camping), two comfy beds, a stocked kitchen, a tv and dvd player, and a generator to run it all. Not really roughing it. We enjoyed grilled burgers and pasta salad for dinner and bacon and waffles (from scratch) for breakfast. That's better grub than we get at home. LOL!

All in all, camping was a success and Kaitlyn totally enjoyed her first experience.




No comments: