Last weekend we had yet another great experience with the Seattle Children's Theater. We saw a collection of Eric Carle's work, all done using amazing puppetry and black lights to create a really, really cool experience. The whole show was done by two people - very impressive! And we got to enjoy in the experience with Emily and Luke. Fun!
They did The Little Cloud, The Mixed Up Chameleon, and the Hungry Caterpillar and all were equally wonderful.
Not so equally wonderful was the horrific traffic. Unfortunately, that same day Seattle University was graduating from Key Arena (right next to the SCT), UW at Quest Field, and there was a Mariners game as well. We spent more than 3 hours in the car for a 1 hour performance. Thank goodness it was so well done as it made all the headaches worthwhile. Although I now TOTALLY understand how my sister and I would drive my Mom to insanity. With Kaitlyn and Emily in the backseat on the way home being backseat drivers and sibling-like with complaints I was trying really hard to keep my calm. At one point, I almost said those dreaded words...'Do I need to pull this car over right now?' Boy, Jen and I heard that one a lot growing up! Go ahead Mom, feel free to laugh.
No comments:
Post a Comment