Saturday, September 3, 2011

Bridging the Gap

Last Saturday was Jennifer's 40th birthday! Happy, happy birthday Sis!

Nonetheless, I woke up feeling really sad. I had lots of questions running through my head. Would we still be able to relate across the big age span? I mean 40-somethings definitely have different things on their minds than their younger 30-something counterparts. Would our conversations always turn to aches and pains and talk of where she could find the best coupons for Bengay or Icy Hot? While I'm still focused on fun shoes and finding the next hip and yummy drink would she be worrying about finding shoes that don't hurt her bunions and the rising cost of Metamucil? Would I have to start calling her REALLY early in the evening knowing that she'll be in bed by 7 pm? Sad, indeed! It's yet to be seen but I'm really hoping that hanging out with her much younger sister will keep her young in spirit even though her age seems to be marching ahead.

The good news is that Chris pulled off a fabulous surprise party for her and she was actually able to make it past 8 pm. So all is looking up! Pictures below are compliments of Jen's blog. It was one blast of a party!!!


No comments: