Friday, May 28, 2010

A Weekend in Heaven

Okay ladies, admit it. The blog title made you instantly flash back to your (much) younger days and two minutes in heaven (remember: x minutes in a closet with a boy where you giggled nervously and awkwardly stood there until the time was up). Well this weekend was WAY better than that game ever was. (Hmm...I'm seeing your shocked look and feeling your dismay that I even brought up this 'game'.)

Anyways, so what was this amazing weekend? Well, last weekend my sister and I headed out for a relaxing, sun-filled, lazy weekend!

Highlights included lots and lots of sunshine and pool time. An entire Sunday at the pool, in fact. The hardest decisions were what to eat and when to turn over to avoid getting burned. The most exertion involved the flight of stairs we had to take to get to our absolutely lovely room. The resort, FireSky, was so very fantastic.

Lessons learned:
*This is definitely becoming a yearly tradition
*Our sister’s weekend will always be somewhere sunny
*We are adding one more day to the trip
*We are never renting from Budget again (Zippy, our rental car, was quite comical and although adding humor to the weekend, the VERY LOUD and SQUEAKY brakes announcing our presence and the terrible rattle in the dash that made us think it was going to come crashing down on us is not something I want to repeat)

Bottom line: Regardless of the rental car situation, last weekend was just dreamy. Me likey…A LOT!

After such a great weekend it ended with my heart melting when Kaitlyn came running up to give me a big hug as a welcome home (and then immediately wanted down so she could keep playing. LOL!) Thanks, Ryan for doing the Daddy weekend with KP so that I could have a carefree weekend away.






No comments: