Friday, May 15, 2009

We're on Vacation!

I made a decision that will make some of you gasp...yes, I've decided to try it. This vacation, I'm leaving technology behind. I will not be checking in on work emails, personal emails, nor updating our blog or posting pictures. The laptop is staying home.

*Insert shocked/horrified expression here*

My goal: To completely and totally disengage from life for a while.

Thus, I'm going to see if I can make it 9+ days without email, internet surfing, facebook check-ins, etc. It's going to be hard, but so worth it. I think the hardest thing is that I'm truly going to miss the daily checks of my favorite blogs.

I must admit though, my dirty little secret is that I will have my iPhone with me (but no email checks, no email checks...I keep chanting!). It would be a sin to leave the iPhone behind, it's such a wonderful, wonderful device. I truly believe someday it will be responsible for ending world hunger, bringing about world peace, and many other fabulous things!

MAUI HERE WE COME!!!!

2 comments:

Auntie Jen said...

I'm shocked! WOW must really need this vacation. I'm so excited! See you guys in the morning!

Kaitlyn...sweet dreams little one. I'm so excited to spend 9 days with you!!!

karen said...

I'd better not see you online. In fact, if you're reading this, you're in trouble!

:-)